LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE


I once read an article that talked about loyalty.
So many know what it is but only a few practice it.
The hierarchy in marriage is
                  God
                     ||
                Husband
                      ||
                    Wife
                      ||
                 Parents
                     ||
                 Spiritual Leaders
                      ||
                  Office boss
                      ||
                    Others
      Note that Loyalty is equal to submission in marriage and its in ALL things.    Note also that the surest way to a man's heart is no more food but loyalty and total submission.         
   But so many misconstrue this. God placed hierarchy in every sphere of life for the sake of order. Chaos dwells where there is no order.
Now someone may ask, how do I balance loyalty to my parents and to my spouse?
In my opinion, I still maintain that your spouse has the upper hand. I'm an advocate of respect and honour. I'm not saying parents should be disregarded but in a situation where you have to be loyal in the context of marriage, your spouse is at the top.
Just as there is a public/open display of affection so also there is an open display of loyalty.
My husband and I went to the market not so far from our house to get some foodstuffs. We got to the butchers for goat meat. While he was cutting a piece of meat for a customer before it got to our turn, the youngman hit the meat and it splashed on my husband. My gentle husband didn't react much to it as it wasn't a deliberate act . He  apologised lightly but I had to draw his attention to the stain and menance it caused on him though on a light note. The butcher drew close and sincerely apologized and gave him water to clean up. An elderly woman also waiting to be attended to noticed and had to commend by saying" my dear daughter,that's so nice of you, its so good to see you young couples look out for each other even in the market where anything can happen and you get away with it, I love that!" I  smiled and thanked her and replied" thank you ma, that's the man that respected me enough to pay my pride price ma. He deserves respect even in the market ma". We all laughed but my message sank in. Of cause my husband was so proud to be my husband more than ever before.
And to me,that's an public display of loyalty!
Its amazing how couples allow even their family members mess up their spouse. Loyalty must be in display in the presence of anyone, anywhere. Loyalty brings trust, harmony, love and longevity in marriage.
But remember that our loyalty is first to God and then our spouses before others.
When this hierarchy is disrupted, its an abuse of hierarchy. This why so many marriages are in disarray.
To the unmarried, you can learn how to be loyal to your parents,pastor, boss and team leaders. Charity they say, begins at home. Be open to correction, be sincere and honest.
Pastor kieon Henderson once mentioned that if you can't be specific(mentioning the name and correct info as much as you know it) and sincere to a friend or your Pastor  about an evil or gossip that can harm such/going on behind him then you are not loyal.
I have found this true. Loyalty must be without fear or favour. Loyalty is sincerity to the point of no compromise.
Never be afraid or be too careful to publicly display your loyalty to your spouse, parents, leader or as the case maybe.
The truth is that, loyalty pays in consistency.

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful writeup dear...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnx so much friend.
    We truly appreciate your feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome piece. So deep and mature in presentation. Keep it up. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so indepth and revealing

    ReplyDelete
  5. True talk I love this keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure will sir/ma.
      Tnx for dropping your comments

      Delete
  6. Wow! Loaded with great revelations! This piece explains what it means for a couple to be ONE, how to exhibit that, and benefits of doing so. Pls, keep it up, dear author. God's grace abounds for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen.tnx so much
      We r here to keep giving the very best

      Delete
  7. That's my momma...I love this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts