DONT GET BITTER, GET BETTER

In life's journey, various obstacles are encountered but what makes an individual victorious is the response given to such obstacle. It is either man gives up and gets bitter (depression) or takes up the challenge and get better (accomplishment).

Many people live in bitterness not because they are unfortunate but because they capitalize on complaints without making efforts to find solutions or courage to step out of their comfort zone. Not satisfied with the present state, they result to self pity. This period is sometimes mistaken to be the waiting period but that's not true.

Yes, there is a waiting period for every man but that's not the period for self comparison. It is a period of getting better through prayers and God's word which builds trust and lasting peace as we end the waiting phase. Micah 7:7 says; "Therefore I will look unto the lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation, my God will hear me".

Again, hear this, "Rejoice not against me O mine enemies when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in the dark, the lord shall be a light unto me". Micah 7:8

This reminds me of the birth of a baby giraffe. After birth, mother giraffe continuously kicks baby giraffe sending it flying in the air and tumbling down to the ground until the baby pushes its limbs and for the first time learns to stand on its feet. She does this one more time but the baby recovers quickly and stands up. It is not just a normal tradition but a lesson to baby giraffe and us to never mind how hard we fall but always remember to get up and back on our feet.

Stop the self pity and self development. Stop attacking your past and start to maximize the gift of the present . God is not done with you. As a work in progress, don't be afraid to say yes to Jesus. Let him finish what he started in you.

Stop taking care Start taking charge.

Author: Miss Ibidun

Edited by Faith Igharosa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts