PREPARED PROVISION

Several years ago, my family went through a hard time. Every family go through it in one way or the other.
Ours was so bad because as children we had never really lacked anything or suffer for lack of food and maximum comfort in the home. My parents made sure our needs were well cover. It was so hard that we couldn't eat nice meals whenever we wanted and this we had to cope with.
At the time, we had just moved to our own home and my parents had cleared their accounts to make our home a little bit habitable for us. The environment was different, the neighborhood was too hostile(including reptiles). Our house was surrounded by bushes and residential buildings were far away from us. We had to cope somehow. We fell sick one after the other but somehow, we got out of it.
On evening, there was no food in the house so Mom went out into the bush to get vegetables she could make into soup but there was not fish or meat to cook it with as usual.
While she went out, I and my immediate younger sister prepared the fire place at the back of the house for cooking. Just when we were doing that, my sister saw some snails crawling on pineapple suckers close to the fire place. They were really big. I went to pick them up so excited that our meal would at least have something in it. It was at the same time a big rabbit jump out of a hole beside the house, we ran to call Dad who was about to go out. He came with us and tried to find the rabbit. With his experience killing rabbits as a  young boy in the village, he traced it, found it and killed it!

With so much excitement, we went to fetch mom to tell her the good news, our soup is going to be a nice one that day we echoed! Quickly, dad prepared it and in few minutes, our meal was ready. This was indeed a prepared provision for the family.


While I was in the university, something very significant happened.I could just point it to the fact that it was a prepared provision.

A friend whose dad lived and worked in another state visited and decided to pay her a surprise visit in school. She was so excited and it was really good time to show her dad to her good friends. He had heard so much about me so he offered to take us out for lunch to know us better . It was getting dark so he had to go, while he drove us back to our hostel, he put his hands in the car pigeonhole and gave me a bundle of 500 naira notes. I didn't know what to say out of excitement. I screamed,cried and jumped at the same time. Once I alighted from the car, I counted it and it was more than enough to sort out all my bills.. At that time, I needed money to sort out somethings in school and my parents were doing their very best to meet the need. Meanwhile, they also needed money to finance some family issues also. That singular event was a divine prepared provision that I can never forget.


So many people don't believe that prepared provisions exists. They believe anything good that happens to them is by luck or mere coincidence.

For everyday that passes by, there is a prepared provision for it, a benefit waiting at the door for you to grab. David in the bible also affirmed this in Psalm 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord who daily loads us with benefits". So don't wallow in regrets and unbelief. There is a God who watches and always looks out for you to do you good.

Trust him now for a prepared provision!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts