BE ON THE MOVE WHILE YOU WAIT

We often confuse the waiting period of our lives to be the time when we just sit and lament on what we should have done or what we should have been doing.
As I often tell my friends who love to have a pity parties, people don't always love to attend your pity party so get up, braise your self up and do something about that unpleasant situation you are in.
Today, I'm going to share with you some useful tips on what you can do while waiting on different levels of life.
Waiting could mean different things to different people and that's because we are all not on the same page in life.
For an Entrepreneur, waiting could be that period you do intense research on a business, get a concrete survey to ascertain how it can best be run. It could also be the period you scout for fundings or get a skill that will enhance that new business idea.
It not just enough to have a business idea, there are skill relevant to such. Invest in skill and you get back excellence and success in the end.
The Igbo's go through a period of training before they venture into any trade of their choice after which they are free and adequately equipped to start that same line of business they have being trained in. Its called apprenticeship. The period of apprenticeship is can be referred to in this context as the waiting period.
After I got married, I was off work for a while and during that period, I started compiling my write-ups for this blog. Over time I had developed my skill of writing so much by continuous reading and studies. Currently, aside this blog I have written two books waiting for publication too. All these was within two years of waiting. I have gotten so many opportunities based on my writing skill and I'm undergoing a training to meet the demand of the jobs and  social media business too. So do something!! A machine unused will rust very soon. Keep oiling that machine, don't let it go to waste. You have so much ability than you know!
To the undergraduate waiting for admission into the university, there is a lot to do while waiting.
The world is tending toward recognising skills, talent and handwork. Those who make money the most in our world today are those who venture into anything trending, anything that moves or sells fast. Fashions, technology, hair styling, social media marketing, catering and cake designs, real estate, etc are some of the aspects of life today that are really trending. They make more money compared to those who do paid Jobs/white collar jobs as its popularly described.
While you hope to be an Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer etc, do something by the side,learn a skill that will be a source of extra income. There is a business aspect of every profession.
Growing up, I had this flair for Pharmacy. So before I got into my senior secondary school, my Dad allowed me go to my Aunt who had the biggest pharmacy store in my area to be an apprentice. I enjoyed every bit of it because it was really what I loved to do even though I didn't know all that was involved in becoming a Pharmacist. I just loved the name!
For every profession, there is a business aspect of it as I stated before. While not research on the business aspect of your intending profession while you wait. When opportunity meets preparation, there is always confidence and an aftermath success.
For the singles, while you wait, love your life, improve on yourself and be independent.
Someone once said, "if you were somebody else, would you marry you?" Most people keep very high expectations that are never fulfilled in relationship/marriage. So instead of getting your hopes high on someone, develop yourself and be the best version of you.
Be financially stable for yourself because, the truth is that, no matter how rich your spouse is,they can't meet all your needs.
So be humble enough to learn that trade, learn that skill, go for that professional training, invest so much on yourself and be that confident and independent young man and young woman the world has never known.
Venture into things that no one has ever ventured into, dive into that business ànd make that idea flesh not just a mere dream saved in space.
Your waiting period shouldn't be your idle period.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts