THE PAINS DIDN'T DISAPPEAR AFTER DELIVERING MY BABY AS POPULARLY BELIEVED



Look here! And Let me tell you the truth, the first time I set my eyes on my beautiful baby I had just given birth to, my pain did not disappear anywhere!!! πŸ˜•In fact, I will tell you exactly what I said, cause I remember that day, like I remember my name.

After the nurse put the bundle of joy in my arms, I looked at my newborn baby straight in the eye and said, "My girl, welcome. I'm happy you are here finally but I am very tired right now". Right after that, I dropped my baby down, by the side of the bed and slept off 🀷‍♀️

All ye supermoms whose pain disappeared as soon as you saw the baby, I celebrate you πŸ™Œ All I was busy thinking of, was that episiotomy abi what do they call it ?πŸ™„
 I didn't even want anybody to be 100 centimetres near me sefπŸ™…‍♀️
I only took the baby because it was hospital policy. At the time, I needed that sleep more than 'love at first sight'.

Anyway, I just thought I'd encourage you who shares the same experience with me. Your experiences may be different from those around you, still that experience is valid because IT IS YOURS! It doesn't make you a horrible or bad mother. It only clearly tells the world that we are all different in strength, needs and experiences too.

For you, it could be that you didn't even want your baby far from you at all. Its your unique experience. I know a woman who grabbed her baby still uncleaned to bless and pray for her after a so many hours of labour. Its her experience too and it doesn't make the other inferior to her own experience.
And it also surprising to know how some mother also quickly forget all the pains of labour and desire to have another so soon. While for others, they want enough time to heal physically, emotionally, psychologically, financially and other wise. But our typical Africa setting believes that a woman should be ready to have children as often as possible. This makes me wonder how prepared such women really are to birth and adequately nurse a newborn.
I am of the strong opinion that a woman needs to be emotionally and psychologically ready to have another baby if she so desires. Unnecessary pressure to have another may deprive the growing child and the new born of proper care and bonding time too. It will also put the woman through undue stress just to have another so quickly. For some woman, they can handle it but others really can't so why the pressure especially when they lack support from their husbands?

A woman's body is so tender and delicate that what goes wrong in her body can also affect her negatively in every way.
Don't let popular opinion about post labour pains and child bearing silence the uniqueness of your story/opinion. We were all designed to possess individual uniqueness in thinking and in opinions too.
OWN YOUR POST LABOUR STORY, BE BOLD TO GIVE YOUR UNIQUE OPINION!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much. We are glad you love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, rightly said, experiences differ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well. Thanks alot. women shouldn't be ashamed to share their own experiences especially as it pertains to childbirth.
      We were created to be unique

      Delete
  3. Absolutely correct. Great work. Medically child spacing should be 2years, you body needs time to recover and prepare for next pregnancy and also to ensure the older child is given necessary attention .
    Well-done sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot. Most women really don't believe in spacing. Like they say" born them once and rest" but to the detriment of their health and bodies.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts