How I fell in love as a child


Everybody has a love story💕! If you tell me you don't, I will seriously doubt you you sha🙄 abi are you a wood? 😂

I remember back in primary school, I really didn't know what love was. But I knew that I liked this particular dark skin, chubby, rich boy in my class🙈😂 why? He was the smartest and most intelligent in our class. Not just that, he won every inter class competition. E don tey when I get big eye for better thing ohhh😂

He liked to disturb me a lot just so that I will talk.  I was an extremely quiet skinny girl. Some of you may wonder how because I'm really not an introvert now😂things don change na😄

I hardly talked to anyone. I had very few friends in school. I had more Friends in church. You can call me timid or introverted back then😒 I was in my upper primary then

I guess I also liked him because he always defended me and helped me out with some subjects I wasn't doing so well with

One day, we came to school and I heard some of his friends and classmates talking about a party their parents took them to during the weekend. And guess what, it was his birthday party and he didn't invite me😞😌. I was so sad. I felt like I didn't matter. I felt like I wasn't up to his standard because my Dad wasn't in the rich man class like his at the time. 

Since I didn't keep much friends, I couldn't trust anyone to confide in to express how bad I felt that I wasn't invited. My parents? I didn't even dream of telling them. I probably would have gotten the beating of my life if I told them about it😂. 

They would have asked me “is that why you are school?". But my feelings were valid right? 

This is exactly some of the challenges children face as they grow older. They are too afraid of Dad and Mom to tell them how they really feel. They feel too scared to tell their parents that they are having feelings for a boy or girl in their class. Trust me, THAT CHILD'S FEELING IS VERY VALID. Listen to them and understand why they feel the way they do. Let them feel free to tell you that seemingly stupid and foolish thing. Listening to them can help you solve the challenges or issue they have either with their feelings or at school or in church or even within their circle of friends.

Thank God that peer pressure didn't make me do what I would be regretting now. Somehow, I understood that there was time for everything. I had to focus on my books with minimal distractions. Teach your child that love is good but that there's time for everything🥰



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOYALTY TO YOUR SPOUSE

The Fight between Chelsea and Manchester United

Why teens fall prey to sexual acts